Effective: September 25, 2016
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our Services. Depending on which Service you use, we may collect different information about you. This includes:
Information Regarding Your Use of the ServicesWe collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes information used to create your account (e.g., a username, password and at your option, an email address), account preferences, the content of private messages between you and other users or communities (e.g., modmail), and the content of information you post to the Services (e.g., text, photos, videos, links, or any information concerning a cryptocurrency blockchain (e.g., transactions, addresses, blocks)).
Other InformationYou may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect AutomaticallyWhen you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage DataWe may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (e.g., voting data, blockchain transaction and address tags), the requested URL, hardware settings, search terms, and requested blockchain data. Except for the IP address used to create your account, Blockpath will delete any IP addresses collected after 100 days.
Information Collected from CookiesWe may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we may store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings. For more information on how you can disable cookies, please see "Your Choices" below.
Location InformationWith your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). You can revoke this consent at any time by changing the preferences on your device, but doing so may affect your ability to use all of the features and functionality of our Services.
Social SharingWe may offer features or integrated tools that let you share content or actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information of the scope and purpose of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (e.g., Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter).
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you to:
- Provide, improve, and maintain the Services;
- Help protect the safety of Blockpath and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the Blockpath user agreement and Terms of Service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see "Your Choices" below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests.
How We Share Information
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit a post, a comment, or cryptocurrency data to the Services, visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see the content of your posts and comments and cryptocurrency data, the username associated with your posts or comments or cryptocurrency data, and the date and time you originally submitted the post or comment or cryptocurrency data. Although some parts of the Services may be private or quarantined, they may become public (e.g., at the moderator's option in the case of private communities) and you should take that into consideration before posting to the Services.
- When you send private messages or messages via modmail, the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent. Moderators may elect to have modmail forwarded to their email accounts and, as a result, any modmail received by these moderators will be subject to the terms and policies of the moderator's email provider.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, prior posts and comments and cryptocurrency data, karma, trophies, moderator status, Gold status, and how long you have been a member of the Services.
We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users' personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other Blockpath policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others;
- We may share information between and among Blockpath, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
- We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may partner with analytics providers to better understand your use of the Services and to improve the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device.
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services. For more information about how you may control the collection and/or use of information for advertising and analytics purposes, please see "Your Choices."